Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Marshburg - September 6, 2009

It might seem like I stopped riding, but a few vacations got in the way of consistent riding this past summer, and indeed I only got a few stray rides in here and there... when I wasn't packing or unpacking. With summer mostly history, here's some pix from a ride in the Allegheny National Forest near my in-law's house in Marshburg, PA.
Kelly following Spence down one of the zillions of dirt roads. This is a good place to have a GPS with you, even if you think you know where you're going.
Fun section! This one turned into a little river, due in part to all the stinkin' rain we've had this summer. I cleared this section, but Kelly and Spence are a little smarter.
Little tiny bit of water leads to slightly bigger bit of water ahead... Kelly contemplates her next move while Spence contemplates drying his feet. Figuring my feet might get wet anyway, I just pedaled thru.
Righteous biking along beautiful forest stream.
Big puddle. Actually, "small pond" might be more appropriate - tadpoles and all. Spence says "heck with walking" and pedals thru...
...and Kelly pedals thru too. To this point it's mostly downhill... and from here, we log several miles of steady climbing along more forest roads, finshing the ride just in time to head off to the family Labor Day picnic!

No comments:

Post a Comment